The national teams of France, Denmark, Peru and Australia got into Group C.
1. France, Europe, the 1st place in Group A
- The 9th position in the FIFA ranking *
- The FIFA World Cup — the winner (1998)
- The UEFA European Championship — the winner (1984, 2000)
- The Confederations Cup — the winner (2001, 2003)
2. Denmark, Europe, the 2nd place in Group E
- The 12nd position in the FIFA ranking *
- The FIFA World Cup — quarterfinal (1998)
- The UEFA European Championship — the winner (1992)
3. Peru, South America, the 5th place in the qualifying tournament
- The 11st position in the FIFA ranking *
- The FIFA World Cup — quarterfinal (1970, 1978)
- Copa America — the winner (1939, 1975)
4. Australia, Asia, the 3rd place in the qualification Group B in Asia
- The 38th position in the FIFA ranking *
- The FIFA World Cup — round of last 16 (2006)
- The AFC Asian Cup — the winner (2015)
- The FIFA Confederations Cup — the second place (1997)
* position of a team in the FIFA ranking as of December, 2017.
An obvious favourite of this quartet is the France national football team. The vice-champions of Europe are in the excellent condition and go to Russia as one of the tournament favourites. Denmark perfectly held the second half of the qualifying tournament and crushed the Ireland national football team in play-offs, aggregate score 5:1. Australia, most likely, will play the role of outsider. Yellow-Blues overcame the qualifying tournament with effort, they played two rounds of the play-offs and became the next-to-last team which secured a berth at the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia. The last berth was secured by the Peru national football team which managed to get qualified for the World Cup for the first time for many years and which is one of the most mysterious teams of the forthcoming tournament.
|Team||Round of last 16 getting odds||First place in the group odds|
Among these quotations we will distinguish odds for the Denmark national football team to get into the play-offs. The Danes are definitely stronger than both Australia, and Peru. The Scandinavian team may manage to provide competition to the French in struggle for the first place in the table if team leaders (in particular, Christian Eriksen) approach the World Cup in good condition. At least, the Danes must get into round of last 16.
- Group A — the Draw Analysis & Predictions
- Group B — the Draw Analysis & Predictions
- Group D — the Draw Analysis & Predictions
- Group E — the Draw Analysis & Predictions
- Group F — the Draw Analysis & Predictions
- Group G — the Draw Analysis & Predictions
- Group H — the Draw Analysis & Predictions
- 2018 World Cup Winner Predictions
- Top Goal Scorer Predictions
- Quaterfinal Predictions